it works with other version of DNN??

Aug 29, 2009 at 7:18 PM

hi, at first i'd like to thnks and congratulate for posting tha fix!! i was just wondering if its gonna work with a previous version of DNN like 4.9.2. Or can someone give me a light where  i can find something to fix that in previous versions.

thnks for any help :)

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2009 at 8:03 PM

This dll will not work with version prior to 5.x. One has to compile and create this dll for the dnn version as required. I have the dll for 4.9.x version which I am using at my production site(s). In case if you need it, please let me know and I will post it here.

Sincerely,

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:44 AM

thanks umaisa for the fast reply! :P in the exact moment i was searching a solution for other version, i receveid a alert of your post in my email. hehehehe that saved me a lot of time! well, can you post the link of the dll for 4.9.x here or send me by e-mail(rodrigorf33@hotmail.com)?? i would be fully greatful. :)

thnks one more time for your help and attention.

Best regards, Rodrigo.

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 6:09 AM

Rodrigo,

I have posted the dll for 4.9.x version. It will work for all DNN versions above 3.2.x upto 4.9.x but it will not work for DNN 5.x.x. For DNN 5.x.x whenever you upgrade you will need to change this dll from 4.9.x version to 5.x.x. This is because of the major changes made in dnn 5.x.x.

Hope above resolves your issue,

Sincerely,

Sep 2, 2009 at 4:20 PM
Edited Sep 2, 2009 at 5:05 PM

hi umaisa, i've downloaded the dll for 4.9.x version and overwrited the old dll in /bin/provider folder. So i made a login in DNN with my Live ID, everything ok so far, but i'm still not capable of logout, i have clicked in the logout link, he asks me if i want to logoff from Windows live ID, and when i click in Logout button, he redirects me to (http://login.live.com/logout.srf?appid=000000004401BB08) and than to msn homepage( http://br.msn.com/). When i return to my portal i'm still loged in. Theres anything else i have to do??? I'm using 4.9.2 DNN version.

thnks :)

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Rodrigo,

You need to stop the website, clean the cache, then replace the dll, restart the website, clear the cache and then try again.

Do you have the production url where i could take a look? The said dll is deployed in my production environment which is also 4.9.2 and it works just fine.

Any clue in event log? Which .net version are you using? I had compiled this 4.9.x dll in .net 1.x version.

Awaiting Reply,

Sincerely,

Sep 2, 2009 at 5:32 PM
Edited Sep 2, 2009 at 8:48 PM
umaisa wrote:

Rodrigo,

You need to stop the website, clean the cache, then replace the dll, restart the website, clear the cache and then try again.

Do you have the production url where i could take a look? The said dll is deployed in my production environment which is also 4.9.2 and it works just fine.

Any clue in event log? Which .net version are you using? I had compiled this 4.9.x dll in .net 1.x version.

Awaiting Reply,

Sincerely,

Hi umaisa, i have installed the .NET framework since 1.1 version to 3.5, the DNN version i'm using is 4.9.2. The weird thing is that using Safari 4.0 the logoff works with no problem, but in firefox 3.5 its still not working. I have shutdown my IIS to see if DNN gets the new dll, but its still not working. Do i have to clear the cache directly in DNN setting?? sorry about my ignorance, but how i can do that? :P

http://portaldnn.dyndns.info/cronograma/login.aspx -> thats the URl where i'm testing the LiveID auth.

thnks